New CA Food Handler SB 476 Law
Employers Required to Cover Cost of Employees’ Food Handler Card Training
Effective January 1st, 2024 the State of California will require all restaurant employers to cover the cost of the mandatory CA Food Handler Card training for all their employees.
- This includes both the cost of the food handler course itself, and the time spent completing it, which must be compensated at the employee’s regular hourly rate.
- SB 476 also requires employers to relieve employees of all their duties while they take the food handler training, which must be completed within 30 days of their hire date.
- The new law prohibits employers from requiring that applicants obtain a food handler card as a pre-requisite for employment
If you are looking for an affordable and easy way to comply with the requirements of SB 476 for the California Food Handler Card, we can help!
Our Simple, Streamlined Solution
- Our California Food Handler Online course is ANAB-Accredited.
- 100% Online and mobile-friendly
- 90 minutes long
- Unlimited Exam attempts
- Available in English, Spanish, Chinese, and Korean.
- Our admin dashboard allows you to purchase, assign, and manage training for all your staff in one place.