About the Online Training
- Course Duration: 75 minutes plus exam
- Number of exam attempts: 3 attempts
- Languages: English only
- Minimum passing score: 75%
- 100% online and self-paced
- Food Handlers in Utah are required to complete a food handler training course from an approved provider to get a Utah Food Handlers Permit, also known as Food Handlers Card
- Our online program is accepted statewide, including Salt Lake City, Orem, Provo, Logan, Sandy, West Jordan, Salt Lake County, Davis County, Weber County, Cache County, Tooele County, and Utah County
- Complete your training and receive your permit in the mail. No visit to the health department needed
Who is required to get a Utah Food Handler Permit?
Rule R392-103 of Utah Administrative Code requires all food handlers in Utah to obtain a food handler permit from an approved training provider.
Who is considered a Food Handler?
According to Rule R392-103, a food handler is “anyone who works with unpackaged food, food equipment or utensils, or food-contact surfaces for a food establishment or food truck.
When do I need to get a Food Handlers Card?
You must get certified within 14 days of date of beginning of employment.
How do I get purchase the Utah Food Handler Training?
You can purchase online training by calling our toll-free number 800-676-3121 or through this registration page.
Is Premier Food Safety an Approved Training Provider in Utah?
Yes. Premier Food Safety has been approved by the Utah Department of Health.
How long is the training?
The online training takes approximately 75 minutes, followed by an exam.
Is there an exam?
Yes. Upon completion of the training portion, you will be required to take a final exam. You must pass with a score of at least 75% to obtain your Utah food handler permit.
How many attempts do I get on the exam?
You will get 3 attempts on the final exam. If you do not pass after the third attempt, you will need to retake the training from the beginning at no additional charge.
When will I I get my Utah Food Handler Permit?
Once you successfully complete the training and pass the final exam, you will be able to immediately download and print a temporary certificate. This certificate will be valid for 30 days. We will also submit your information to the local health department of the county where you work and pay the $15 issuance fee on your behalf. The health department will mail your official permit to the address you provided within 30 days.
How long is my food handler card valid for?
Utah Food Handler Permits are valid for 3 years from the date they are issued.
I have a Food Handler Card from another state. Will it be valid in Utah?
No. If you are employed in Utah, you must complete a Utah-specific approved food safety training.