About the Online Training
- Course Duration: 90 minutes
- Number of exam attempts: 2 attempts
- Languages: English and Spanish
- Minimum passing score: 75%
- 100% online and self-paced
- Food safety training is mandatory for anyone in Kansas City who handles food to be served to the public
- Training must be obtained from an approved provider
- Premier Food Safety's online food handler course is officially approved by the Kansas City Health Department
- Food Handler Cards are valid for 3 years
Who needs a Kansas City Food Handlers Card?
A food handler card is required in Kansas City for anyone working directly in food preparation, or anyone who supervises or manages employees who prepare food.
How to Get a Food Handler Card in Kansas City Missouri?
- Register for online training
- Complete the online course and pass the exam with a score of at least 75%
- Download and print your certificate
- Bring your certificate to the Kansas City Health Department within 30 days of completing the course, along with a photo ID.
- You will be asked to answer a few questions to verify that you completed the course, and will be issued an official Kansas City certificate.
How many attempts will I get in the final exam?
Students who complete the online course are given 2 attempts to pass the final exam. If the student does not obtain a minimum score of 75% after 2 attempts, the student will be required to pay the $25 fee and to retake the training.
How long is my food handler card valid for?
Your Kansas City Food Handler Card will be valid for 3 years.
I have a Food Handler Card issued by a different county in Missouri. Will it be accepted as valid in Kansas City?
If you received a food handler card issued by Platte County, Clay County, Cass County, Jackson County or the city of Independence, your food handler card will be recognized as valid in Kansas City.